The Office of the Prime Minister Grand Bahama expresses great commendation to Members of Parliament, Hon. Iram Lewis and Mrs. Pakesia Parker-Edgecombe as well as Administrator for West Grand Bahama Mrs. Cristian Palacious and The Ministry of Public Works for leadership and oversight of recent improvements made in West Grand Bahama.
The Members of Parliament and Administrator agitated for this important work to be done and played a major role in overseeing the identification of areas that pose immediate danger and hazard to the motoring public and temporary patching of potholes.
Waugh Construction Bahamas Ltd. was engaged to carry out work and continued to do so during the COVID-19 Emergency Lockdown order. Their road patching team progressed steadily and expeditiously throughout the West Grand Bahama District that includes both Central Grand Bahama and West Grand Bahama & Bimini constituencies.
Patchwork was completed throughout the following locations:
West Grand Bahama District:
• Bayshore Road, Eight Mile Rock from Bartlett Hill to Jones Town
• Queen’s Highway, Eight Mile Rock (Hepburn Town, Bartlett Hill, Hanna Hill, Martin Town, Russell Town, Jones Town, Holmes Rock)
• Queen’s Highway, West End
• Bayshore Road, West End
• Seagrape Community, Eight Mile Rock
• Multiple side roads in West End
• Hunters and Pinder’s Point main roads
• Side roads in Eight Mile Rock (Hepburn Town, Bartlett Hill, Hanna Hill, Martin Town, Russell Town, Jones Town, Holmes Rock)
East Grand Bahama District:
• Mather Town
Waugh Construction also satisfactorily executed Road Safety and Traffic Management protocols; receiving favorable feedback from the residents of the West Grand Bahama District.
This year, the government will complete the reconstruction of approximately 8 miles of road in East, Central and West Grand Bahama. The works will comprise hot-mix asphalt at a cost of $6.1 million.